ReceptionHQ LLP’s registered office is at Bunnian Place, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 7JE, United Kingdom and we are a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC358482. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA385794, and act as the data processor when processing your data.
Information that we collect
RHQ processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you may include:
- Business name
- Business address
- Business email
- Business or personal telephone number (that we may direct your calls to or send notification messages to)
- Industry sector
- RHQ client account username and password
- Payment details (including credit card number, expiry date and security numbers)
We collect information in the below ways:
- register for a client account on our website (www.receptionhq.co.uk hereafter ‘the RHQ Website’) – we collect your name, contact information
- set up a Client Account, we collect your username identification and password
- purchase services on our website – we collect your name, contact information, your credit or debit card number and the card’s expiry date
- subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list
- respond to a survey we may conduct, or fill out a form or similar
- enter into competitions or promotions
- contact us – for example, telephone calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes and, if so, you will be informed of this at the commencement of the call and given the opportunity not to proceed with the call or not have the call recorded.
- visit our website, Facebook page or any other webpages that we own or manage
We may also collect personal information:
- from our authorised resellers
- from publicly available sources of information, such as market research providers
- from third party companies such as law enforcement agencies and other government entities
How we use your personal data
RHQ takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data and share only what is necessary with certain RHQ staff members in order to provide our services to you and to ensure that our services can be delivered in accordance with our terms and conditions
- If directed by you via your account settings with RHQ, we will share certain personal data of yours with those people phoning your business who we speak with in the process of providing you with our services
- We collect your personal data and share it with a third party payment processor in order to process the payment of your invoices for our services
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
You have the right to access any personal information that RHQ processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. RHQ uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
PayPal act in the capacity as a processor on our behalf use your credit card information to process payment of your invoices for RHQ’s services. For more information about PayPal, please read their privacy notice at www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Rackspace act in the capacity as a processor on our behalf with respect to the storage of your personal data. RHQ’s server, storage and network security infrastructure is hosted and managed by Rackspace, a provider of data centres globally. Our infrastructure is physically located in an ISO 27000-1 compliant facility at LON5 – Unit 1, Power Avenue, Manor Royal Crawley, RH10 9BE West Essex, United Kingdom. For more information about Rackspace, please read their privacy notice at https://www.rackspace.com/information/legal/privacycenter
MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC)
RHQ takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- Use of a cisco firewall with up-to-date rules to restrict private and public access as well as limiting/eradicating potential threats, such as denial of service attacks
- Password protected access to all systems providing the level of access required to fulfil a function
- Constant system patching and software upgrades as well as up-to-date virus definitions to eliminate threats
- Encryption of highly confidential data
- The use of SSL (secure sockets layer) and TLS (transport layer security) where appropriate to maintain a high level of security
Transfers Outside the EU
RHQ utilises some products and services (or parts of them) that may be hosted and stored in Australia or the United States, which means that we may transfer certain information which is submitted by you through the RHQ website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes: –
- Software for the purposes of email marketing and communicating about our services with you
- Data centre providers for the purpose of allowing our offshore staff to deliver our receptionist services to you outside our local operating hours
Therefore, when you use our website or send us an email, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in Australia or the United States. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by RHQ to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to RHQ, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to provide our services without it.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (‘LIA’) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing your personal data when we send you marketing and RHQ service updates and information and have identified that your interests are:
- In the case of marketing: providing you an opportunity to participate in promotional offers; and
- In the case of RHQ service updates and information: providing you with information relevant to your use of our services that we believe will enhance the benefits you receive from using our services
In each of these circumstances we have determined that your interests are greater than any risks posed by us processing your data in such a way and that our interests are not disproportionately great than yours.
How Long We Keep Your Data
RHQ only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
RHQ will occasionally send you information and promotional material in respect of our products and special offers by email that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
Lodging A Complaint
RHQ only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
RHQ contact information:
RG21 7JE United Kingdom
Phone: 0845 527 5885
Supervisory authority contact information:
The Information Commissioners Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: +44 1625 545 745
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site may rely on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
Last Updated: 16 November 2020